Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Vintage Studio #3
Went back to Vintage Studio to get my hair fixed this time! Always have no time to go down to their outlet because of location and lazy :P But nw they opened a third outlet at Bedok Point!!
Roy, my hair stylist is always at Bugis Plus. so I have to travel down just to find him :-)
This was my hair before cutting + coloring!
First and foremost, my very patient and caring hairstylist helped me to scan my scalp......the last time I did was probably my first visit to Vintage Studio!!
And he took 30-45mins just to explain about my scalp condition. Usually hair stylist don't do this?! They will think it's a waste of time!!!! But for them, it is different.
My scalp used to be oily + healthy (before I start flying)
BUT NOW IT'S DRY + SENSITIVE like my skin........sigh because of weather + my sleeping routine, it screwed up my whole body!!
The accurate indicator that reads my condition of scalp...the oiliness + PH + dandruff.
My hair has slight dandruff?! I was told that everyone's scalp got dandruff.......but depends on how mild or serious it is.
Mine is not those little white dots on hair but powdery kind that stuck on the scalp.
(I dont knw how to explain?!)
One of the indicator........we have to match 3 of them to find out the scalp condition! Nw I am so worried abt my scalp more than my hair :\
Before they proceed to color my hair, they put on some 'leave-in' protective serum on my scalp!
Speaking of my hair. I haven't dyed for 17months ever since I start working. I am always looking forward to a dark brown color! ^^
Their popular AMMONIA-FREE hair dye.
I hate dyes with ammonia smell! I bet u too. The stench is so terrible that it leaves on ur hair for days and when u are dying ur hair in process u have to endure that smelly smell for that hour..
Plus it damages ur hair so badly!
Their hair dye is born with natural oils....so many healthy oils for ur hair!
It acts like a colored hair care?! lol because it really leaves my hair soft and shiny!
More information in this picture:
Waiting to start my hair dye after scalp protective serum! :-)
After coloring + cutting :
It looks soooo smooth! Plus the color is SO PERFECT. Love it so much! It made my day, really!^^
Thank u once again Vintage Studio! :)
Hair sponsor: http://www.vintagestudio.com.sg/
Friday, August 23, 2013
Time flies..it's august!
I've baked cupcakes last week (again!)
Matcha Cupcakes and Vanilla cupcakes with blueberries ^^
Yumyumm. Doesn't look that bad right?
I've done my simple+basic daily makeup video on my instagram. A short one. hehehe
My favourite eye makeup brand is Dolly Wink! And my favourite highlighter/ blusher is from Mamonde. They have really pretty blusher that comes with the highlighter. I use it to create a glowly and vibrant look!
My makeup & skincare brands are mostly from Japan and Korea because I feel that they suits asian skin more!
Laneige is my favourite brand when it comes to skincare! Moisturizing enough for me ;)
Dress from www.joifeth.com !
Isn't it gorgeous!! I got a few compliments while wearing this hehehe
They are having promotion now..you can get a VS bottle when you spend $80 and above!
They just launched a new collection ^^
Have you visited them yet?
In town with Laiman! It's been about 5 years since I knw her?! Besties but we always don't have the fate to bump into each other.....:<
Lunch with Sheena @ Bibigo! My new idol......hehe
Proud of her cause she is our Faceshop 2013 ambassador!
And how time flies........... One of my slumber babies just left to states to settle down with her boyfriend, and I really miss her alot!!
Sereneeeeeee soo I hope u can come back and reunite with us hehe :P
I rly hope she is happy and enjoying her life there!! I wish I could migrate to some other country too....
This is taken at the airport while sending her off. :<
Take care dearie. I hope to see you in states soon!!
Friday, August 16, 2013
I've been baking lately. Baked Red Velvet Cupcakes, Butter Vanilla with hearts cupcakes, Amercian Sponge Cake, Japanese Cotton Cheese cake and Chocolate Mousse cake.
I've always love baking just that I don't do that so often in the past, cause I'm lazy + not very talented. hahaha
Now I watch baking videos on youtubes and even subscribe to some baking channels.
This is the Butter Vanilla with hearts cupcake. It is not a difficult task but it is quite troublesome.
The buttercream frosting that I did, I just separate two frosting in two bowl and add red food coloring to one.
Quite messy cause I am new to piping frosting.
Red velvet cupcakes! I bought everything from local supermarket, which is convenient for me. lol
I followed the ingredients from this website, http://www.adorasbox.net/2012/11/the-best-red-velvet-cake.html
minus the oil which I replaced it with more milk.
I regretted it. hahahaha
PLS DON'T MINUS THE OIL, because oil is important for a smooth textured cake.
I love to make chocolate mousse cake! Cause it's so easy.
No baking required.........
1) melt 180g-250g of dark chocolates and let it cool
2) mix 3eggs, vanilla extract + 30g of sugar.. and add the chocolate in. MIX well.
3) Whip up 350ml of whip cream, till hard peaks.
4) Combine together and blend well . Refrigerate it for 2-3hours
That's it! So easyyyyyyyyy and anyone can do it!
I use oreo + melted butter for the base.
This is Japanese Cotton Cheesecake.
I got the recipe from http://www.thelittleteochew.com/2011/03/japanese-cheesecake-tips-tricks.html
And for this, the baking time is more than 1 hr! It took me about 1h10mins.
Marble cake... Don't really look fantastic. haha
And this American sponge cake is my mum's favourite!! She finished 1/4 of the cake by herself lol.
Soft and moist.....I love it too!^^
This recipe is from http://www.joyofbaking.com/AmericanSpongeCake.html
Ok I shall bake more and post more pics! hehehehe
Sunday, August 4, 2013
12 easy ways to have smooth & baby skin
Having smooth skin can be difficult for some..but have you fulfilled the basic steps to achieve smooth & clear skin?
Some people ask me why is your skin so good? I have bad skin days too!!! Not so lucky everyday.
Here are the 12 Easy basic steps that I've been doing!
1. Clean your makeup brushes
- This is the first basic step you have to do..And do them weekly! Be it your blusher, eyeshadow or foundation brush, you have to clean them! Some people use brush cleaner, but for me.....I use my own cleansing foam! Daiso has a good brush cleaner and you can try them..it's cheap!
Other than cleaning your makeup brushes, it is important to get a quality brush that has really soft bristle. You don't want to hurt your skin.
2. Clean your phone and computer's keypad.
- This is the 2nd basic step that people don't normally do even I don't have this habit of cleaning BUT I am trying. Our phones are the dirtiest thing we can find in our bag. Our hands are full of germs and we use phone everyday, every hour. We touch everything, we sweat daily and next thing we knew, we touch our phones.
A drop of sanitizer on a cloth or rubbing alcohol helps.
3. Drink a cup of green tea daily
- Green tea is rich in anti-oxidant and has many benefits to our skin. Protects against UV rays, treating acne etc etc. You can find all the benefits on the net. Other than the positive impact on your skin, it detoxes our body too! Get a box of sachet green tea and drink them daily ;-)
4. Do not squeeze or scratch ur pimple
- I USED TO DO THAT AND I REGRETTED IT. I have one small scar on my cheek and that is how I decided to stop squeezing. Unless, it is soooo big and annoying with the pus is nearly coming out, wash your face first then gently squeeze them out. Please do not use force!!
5. Do not rub towel against your skin. Pat it.
- Rubbing towel against your skin is harsh and you do not want to injure your skin cells. Just pat it try with a towel or tissue.
6. Clean & moisturize your face before you sleep
- Your skin heals & restore itself every night, so it is important to cleanse & moisturize before sleep! You will wake up with a glowing skin ;)
At the moment, I am using Clean & Clear facial cleansing foam + Hada Labo Lotion + Laneige sleeping mask. I cannot describe how much I love laneige sleeping mask.
Even their water bank essence is so good too!
7. Do not over-cleanse your face
- Wash 2-3 times daily and 3 is the maximum......do not over cleanse your face cause it might trigger your oil-glands and cause dry skin.
8. Do a weekly mask
- Pamper yourself once or twice a week, invest in a good clarisonic or clay mask that removes dirt in your pores. Normal cleansing doesn't remove all the dirt that are trapped in your pores. Thanks to Hitachi's Hadacrie, I have stopped going facial. Doing a DIY home facial is good too. I've tried Plain yogurt mask daily for a week and I can really see results!!!!! I've stopped doing because I'm always not at home :(
If you are planning to do a yoghurt mask at home, a good 5-10 minutes daily is good enough :-)
9. Change your pillow cover weekly
- I don't have to explain this.... you know you shld change! And do not be lazy.
10. Sleep & do not stress yourself
- Sleeping is important. Compare a person who sleeps 8 hrs daily and a person who sleeps 4 hours daily. After few yrs, you can see the difference yourself. The person who sleeps 8hrs daily will have a radiant + youthful looking skin more than the person who sleeps 4 hrs daily.
In this world, stress is common but we need to try to avoid it.....get yourself a chamomile tea before bed.
or go for a yoga class. ;)
11. Sunblock daily
- Sunblock is soooooooooooooooooo important and we should put them everyday be it indoors or outdoors. I am using BIORE sunblock, the one in pink bottle, SPF50++. I've tried Estee Lauder's but it gave me an oily skin so I stick back to my old sunblock and I've been using this for quite long.
12. Do not touch your face with dirty hands
- You know you have to avoid it!!! If you need to scratch your face, pls use a tissue.
These are the basic steps to achieve smooth skin. I've been trying to do it since last year and I can see results in my skin. :)
I hope they are useful. Do not be lazy!!! cause being lazy doesn't produce results.
Business graduate from TemasekPoly.
Create Your Badge
Read my Travel post:
SKIN CARE SPONSOR:
CASIO EXILIM TR150
Other list of sponsors or advertising enquiry:
Please click here
Click the picture to view my photos: